Thank you for stopping by. We know the process of finding a financial planner can be confusing and overwhelming. So, we want to make this really easy for you.
Define Financial is a commission-free wealth management firm headquartered in San Diego, CA. We provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services to busy professionals and retirees. We don’t sell products and we NEVER receive compensation in the form of commissions.
In it’s most basic form, we:
- Help you understand where you’re at today, financially.
- Identify where you want to be in 10, 20, 30+ years from now.
- Develop a plan to help get you there.
Why should I hire Define Financial?
But first, here’s why you shouldn’t hire us. If you are looking for a financial advisor who will trade stocks, bonds, and mutual funds in an attempt to “beat the market”, you have come to the wrong place.
We prefer to stay focused on the things you can control. And predicting the direction of the stock market or what the Fed is going to do next is not one of those things.
If, however, you are interested in things like saving money on your tax bill, reducing investment expenses, and improving your asset allocation, keep reading.
We are a team of highly qualified CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals. Financial planning is not just a job for us. We eat, live, and breathe this stuff. We spend our free time educating ourselves and identifying the best solutions for our clients because we truly love what we do.
You should consider hiring Define Financial if you want to:
- Build a plan around your financial goals.
- Put more of your hard-earned money in your pocket, not a stock broker’s.
- Have an investment plan you can actually understand.
- Work with a team of industry-leading financial planners who are required by law to put your interests first.
- Use technology to simplify your financial life and help put you in the best possible position to succeed.
How do I know if I’m a fit for you?
Our guess is that you landed here for one of two reasons:
- You currently have a financial advisor, but you’re searching for a second opinion.
- Life is starting to get a little more complicated and you don’t have the time to balance work, family, and finances.
If this sounds like you, we can help! You can read more about the types of clients we work with HERE.
How Can We Work Together?
The first step is a free, 30-minute phone consultation.
This is simply a time for us to learn more about you and your goal in hiring a financial planner. It’s also a time for you to get to know our team and how we might be able to help you. This is NOT a time for us to sell you anything or convince you that you need our help. Schedule your appointment here:
What Do You Charge For Financial Planning Services?
As you know by now, we never earn commissions by selling products. But that doesn’t mean we work for free!
Depending on your needs and scope of work, we provide three different fee schedules:
- A percentage of assets being managed. A fitting solution for wealth management clients with investable assets greater than $500,000.
- Monthly retainer. Great for our young professional clients who are in the wealth accumulation phase of their life.
- One-time project fee. Sometimes you just have a few burning questions and don’t need ongoing financial planning services.
Please schedule a free, 30-minute phone consultation to discuss our fee’s in more detail.