With over 10,000 financial advisors in San Diego, it can be challenging to find a qualified professional to work with.
After a dozen website visits, you may be thinking to yourself:
What do all those credentials mean?
Am I good fit to work with them?
Fee-only, fee-based, fi-du-ci-what?
To help make your search easier, we designed a process to help you (and us) make an informed decision about working together.
We call it the S.T.A.R.T. Here process.
Learning our process will give you a framework for evaluating us and other firms you might be considering.
Here are the highlights:
- There is no cost or obligation for this process. We want you to know exactly how we can help before you pay us a single dollar.
- You will finish this process knowing exactly where you stand in the three key areas of financial planning and how to improve.
- The very first step is a complimentary 15-minute phone call with our team.
The S.T.A.R.T. Here Process
Step 1: Schedule a Call
A 15-minute phone call will give us both a chance to make sure your situation matches our expertise. After all, you wouldn’t see a Cardiologist if you needed foot surgery.
If we aren’t the right financial planning firm to help you, we will happily point you to the right expert for your unique needs.
Step 2: Team Meeting (Office Meeting #1)
Like a doctor, it’s important to diagnose before we prescribe.
The next step is a visit to our office. During this one-hour meeting, our team will get crystal clear on your financial goals, needs, and concerns.
Before this meeting, we will request a few important documents. This data will drive our analysis and result in answers to the three critical questions.
Step 3: Analyze
We love Excel spreadsheets!
We will apply 15+ years of experience, decades of Nobel-prize winning research, and thousands of hours of training to answer three critical questions for you:
- Are you on track to reach your long-term goals (e.g. retirement, or work-optional)?
- Are you paying too much in taxes?
- How can your investments be improved?
Step 4: Review With Us (Office Meeting #2)
Getting answers to your money questions.
With the analysis complete, we will have a second meeting to review the results. In plain English, we will explain exactly what you need to do to reach your financial goals. We will also answer the three critical questions we asked during our analysis.
At the end of this meeting, we will ask if you would like to begin working with our firm or if you would like to think about it.
Step 5: Think About It
We are looking for long-term client relationships, not a quick transaction. It’s important that you take as much time as needed to make a decision.
To help you make a smart decision, answer these questions:
- Do I like, trust, and respect the Define Financial team?
- Do the benefits outweigh the cost?
- Do I understand and agree with their investment approach?
- Do their financial planning recommendations make sense?
We will follow-up within a few days to determine how you would like to move forward.
If you decide that we aren’t a good fit to work together, we will not take it personally. In fact, we will wish you the best and help you find someone who might be a better fit. There is never a hard-sell or pressure to say yes.
Step 6: Here We Go!
We are truly honored to be working with you. Before the fun begins, we will regroup (via phone or in-person) to answer any outstanding questions and set expectations for the new client process.
Prior to this meeting, we will have sent you a detailed breakdown of this process and addressed any concerns.
Ready to S.T.A.R.T. the Process?
Still Have Questions? Keep Reading…
Why Should I Hire Define Financial?
If you’re looking for an advisor who will trade stocks to “beat the market,” you’re in the wrong place.
Why? Because we only focus on what you can control. Predicting if the stock market will go up or down, or guessing what interest rates will do next, are not things you can control.
But if you’re interested in things like reducing taxes, cutting unnecessary fees, and building a world-class investment portfolio, keep reading.
We are a team of highly qualified, award-winning CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals.
Financial planning is not just a job for us. We eat, live, and breathe this stuff. We spend our free time educating ourselves and finding the best solutions for our clients because we truly love what we do.
You should consider hiring Define Financial if you want to:
- Determine, once and for all, if you are on track to reach your financial goals.
- Adopt an investment plan proven by academia to improve expected returns.
- Implement tax strategies that will reduce your tax bill.
- Optimize your insurance policies to protect your family and save you money.
How Do I Know If I’m a Good Fit?
If this sounds like you, we want to help!
- You are a busy professional with a healthy six-figure income. Life is busy and you don’t have the time to balance work, family, and finances.
- You are gearing up for retirement or currently retired and want a plan to make sure you don’t run out of money.
- You are responsible for an endowment or foundation that would like to give more by investing smarter.
How Do You Make Money?
As you know by now, we never earn commissions by selling financial products. But that doesn’t mean we work for free!
Depending on your needs and scope of work, we offer two service models:
S.T.A.R.T. the Process
The first step is a 15-minute phone call with our team.
Schedule your appointment here: