We know the process of finding a fee-only San Diego financial advisor can be confusing and overwhelming. We want to make this really easy for you.
Define Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm headquartered in San Diego, CA. We provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services to busy professionals and retirees.
We don’t sell products. We never receive commissions for what we recommend. And we always work for you as your fiduciary.
To put it simply, we:
- Show you where you stand with your finances today.
- Help you identify the goals you want to reach and where you want to be in the future.
- Develop a plan to get you there – and to get you closer to what you value in life.
(Click the image above for a short video of our industry-leading financial planning technology.)
Why Should I Hire Define Financial as My Fee-Only Financial Advisor?
Great question. But first, let us explain why you shouldn’t hire us.
If you’re looking for a financial advisor who will trade stocks, bonds, and mutual funds in an attempt to “beat the market,” you’re in the wrong place.
Why? Because we focus on what you can actually control. Predicting if the stock market will go up or down, or guessing what the Fed will do next, are not things you can personally control.
But if you’re interested in things like saving money on your tax bill, reducing investment expenses, and building the best possible investment allocation, keep reading.
We are a team of highly qualified, award-winning CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals. Financial planning is not just a job for us. We eat, live, and breathe this stuff. We spend our free time educating ourselves and identifying the best solutions for our clients because we truly love what we do.
You should consider hiring Define Financial if you want to:
- Determine, once and for all, if you are on track to reach your financial goals.
- Adopt an investment plan that is simple, low-cost, and proven by academia to improve expected returns.
- Implement tax strategies that will reduce your tax bill and increase the success rate of your financial plan.
- Optimize your insurance policies to maximize protection and save you money.
How Do I Know If I’m a Fit for Your Financial Planning Services?
Our guess is that you landed here for one of two reasons:
- You currently have a financial advisor, but you’re searching for a second opinion.
- Life is starting to get a little more complicated and you don’t have the time to balance work, family, and finances.
If this sounds like you, we can help! Click here to read more about the types of clients we work with.
What Do You Charge for Financial Planning Services?
As you know by now, we never earn commissions by selling products. But that doesn’t mean we work for free!
Depending on your needs and your situation, here’s how we charge:
How Can We Work Together?
The first step is a free, 30-minute phone consultation.
This is simply a time for us to learn more about you and your goal in hiring a financial planner. It’s also a time for you to get to know our team and how we might be able to help you.
This is NOT a time for us to sell you anything or convince you that you need our help. We want long-term client relationships, not a quick transaction. Schedule your appointment here:
Not quite ready to schedule an appointment? That’s ok!
You can sign up for our quarterly e-newsletter which includes hand-picked financial planning articles to help you make good decisions with your money.
You can also call our direct line at 619-577-4002 if you just have a few questions for us. Our blog might be a great resource for you, too.