We're Retirement & Tax Planning Experts and Do Our Best Work With:
Retirement investors age 50+ who are retired or close to it.
Diligent savers with investments over $1 million. (Excluding real estate.)
People who value expert help because retirement is too important.
Your Free Retirement Assessment™
A 3-step process showing how you can improve
retirement success + lower your tax bill.
Schedule 20-Min Call
A 20-minute phone call will give us both a chance to make sure your situation matches our expertise.
After all, you wouldn’t see a Cardiologist if you needed foot surgery!
Like a doctor, it’s important to diagnose before we prescribe.
The next step is meeting with our team (in-person or virtually). During this 1-hour meeting, our team will get crystal clear on your retirement goals, needs, and concerns.
With your Retirement Assessment complete, we will have another 1-hour meeting to review our findings and recommendations.
In plain English, we will explain exactly what you can do to improve your retirement plan, lower taxes, and optimize your investments.
Still Have Questions? Keep Reading...
There are five reasons to consider hiring our firm:
- To turn your nest egg into a reliable paycheck in retirement.
- To pay Uncle Sam less and keep more of your hard-earned money.
- To reduce risk in your portfolio and generate healthy after-inflation returns
- To spend more of your time doing the things you love in retirement.
- To ensure your family, spouse, and/or heirs have a trusted professional to lean on if something happened to you.
Yes! We currently help approximately 100 families across 30 states navigate retirement, reduce taxes, and invest smarter.
Our firm is equipped to meet with clients (and potential clients) through the video conferencing software, Zoom. Each virtual meeting is protected by a complex, unique password and we adhere to the strict security guidelines necessary to protect your privacy.
We are a commission-free (a.k.a. fee-only) retirement and tax planning firm. Our fees depend on your needs and complexity and are a transparent line item on every statement.
Some financial advisors are commission-based, which may cause fees to be hidden or create conflicts of interest. Not us.
One transparent fee includes ongoing retirement and tax planning + tax-smart management of ALL investment accounts. Our transparent fees are either based on:
- A percentage (%) of investments being managed (0.10% to 0.375% per quarter); OR
- A flat annual fee ($12,000/year minimum)
It only makes sense to hire a financial advisor -- or any professional -- if the value they provide exceeds the fee being charged.
In other words, the time and effort saved by hiring an expert + the tax savings (and potentially increased investment returns) need to exceed the fees being charged.
The Retirement Assessment we present to you will clearly quantify the benefits you will receive. Scheduling your first phone call with us is the first step to take to determine if we might be a good fit to work together.
We do our best work with retirement savers who need and want a long-term relationship. Currently, our firm is not equipped to offer an hourly fee schedule or a one-time project fee option.
If you prefer a financial planner who offers these limited-term engagements, consider reaching out to the Garrett Planning Network.
There are three really important things about our firm that separate us from others:
- We are retirement and tax planning experts for people aged 50+. Just a Cardiologist wouldn't perform foot surgery, we remain highly specialized and only work with retirement savers we have the expertise to help.
- We limit the number of new clients we take on. This allows us to provide unparalleled value and highly personalized service to the families that have entrusted our firm to help them.
- We work as a team to service our clients. Instead of being "assigned" to a financial advisor, clients work with our entire team. Combining our resources and intellectual capital enables us to deliver high-quality advice and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
The fact that it's hard to differentiate one advisor from another is EXACTLY why we offer a Free Retirement Assessment™.
Many of us have similar titles, designations, and service models. We also work with similar vendors and third-party custodians (e.g., Fidelity, Schwab). It can be wildly challenging to evaluate advisors and find the best one for you!
If you think there is a potential fit between your needs and our expertise, the first step is to schedule a complimentary phone call.
For your safety and convenience, Define Financial uses Fidelity Investments as a third-party custodian for our client investment and retirement accounts.
Fidelity administers more than $10.3 trillion in assets for more than 40 million retirement savers.
As a trusted custodian, Fidelity safely holds your investment accounts and provides reporting to you and the IRS each year. Your accounts can be viewed at any time at www.fidelity.com or through the Define Financial Client Portal.
Step #1: Schedule Your 20-minute Phone Call
👉 IMPORTANT: It's not uncommon for our calendar below to have limited availability.
We intentionally limit the number of introductory calls each week to ensure we provide a high level of service to current clients who have entrusted us to help them navigate retirement.
We also limit the number of calls so that we can be fully present with potential clients who are evaluating our firm.
If you don't see anything on our calendar that works for you, please call our office at (858) 345-1197 and a member of our team will do their very best to accommodate you.
Not Ready to Schedule An
Appointment? Join Our Newsletter!
"*" indicates required fields