TAYLOR SCHULTE, CFP®
FOUNDER, FINANCIAL PLANNER
Downloads on the
Stay Wealthy Podcast
Independent Financial Advisor
in the U.S. (2022)
Insurance Policies Sold
Here at Define
I founded Define Financial in 2014 because it was time for a change. Not just for me, but in how our profession defines excellent client care.
At Define Financial, we don’t chase industry targets. Instead, we strictly focus on helping people over age 50 lower taxes and retire on their terms. That’s it.
Everything else—our people, our services, our operations, and our outreach—is shaped by this goal.
Every day, I’m inspired by the experience we’ve created for our clients. While I don’t mind using my business degree to get down into the operational weeds, my first love is spending time with clients, helping them chart their future.
I’m also grateful for opportunities to lead by example alongside my team as well as among a nationwide community of independent advisors. Growing together, we can all become better providers to our clients.
I am honored to collaborate with others and be recognized as:
- Host of the Stay Wealthy Retirement Podcast
- Co-author of More Than Money: Real-Life Stories of Financial Planning
- The #2 Independent Financial Advisor in the U.S. (Investopedia, 2022)
- A Top 100 Independent Financial Advisor (Investopedia, 2019–2023)
- A frequent contributor to the financial media
I'm also a proud member of the following professional organizations:
- CFP® Board
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- The Retirement Podcast Network
- San Diego Financial Advisors Network
Personal Points of Interest
- Family: A San Diego native, I’m married, with three kids, Sawyer, Sutton, and Cece.
- Food & Travel: When I’m not in the office, you can find me traveling with my family, searching for the next best carne asada burrito, or trying to master Adam Scott’s golf swing.
- Community: I volunteer for the San Diego Financial Literacy Center, the SDSU Financial Planning Program, and a local Junior Achievement initiative.
The 10 Biggest Mistakes to Avoid
When Hiring an Advisor [FREE Guide]
"*" indicates required fields